Outlaw Drag Radial:
- 16 car qualified field. 1/8th mile Heads Up class on a .400 Pro Tree.
- Original profile and appearance must be retained.
Factory roof and quarter panels must be used. Stock body lines & profile must be maintained.
No pro mod, panel bodies.
- Any Cubic Inch. Any Transmission, Torque Converter or Clutch. Direct Drives are prohibited. All entries using a Small Block engine have a maximum cubic inch limit of 485 CI.
- Must have working headlights, tail lights and brake lights.
- Driver seat must be on left side in stock location.
- Minimum of 3″ is required from whatever portion of the vehicle body or frame rail that breaks staging beam to 12″ behind front axle centerline.
- Nitro-methane, polypropylene, and/ or hydrazine prohibited.
- Tires cannot be located outside of body line.
Manufacture, model and size information must be clearly designated.
- Approved tires for the class are: 315 DOT Drag Radials, 275 DOT Drag Radials, 295 DOT Drag Radials
- Wheelbase must be within 2″ of factory specs.
Maximum variation is 2″ side to side.
Wheelbase will be measured from centerline of front spindle to centerline of rear axle.
- Wheelie bars are not allowed.
- DUAL POWER ADDERS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED. The use of nitrous oxide combined with turbochargers/superchargers is strictly prohibited. Water Injection is permitted. The maximum size for all entries using twin turbochargers is 98mm. Intercoolers are only allowed on centrifugal and turbocharged entries. Air-to-Air or Air-to-Water intercoolers are the only intercoolers permitted for gasoline powered entries. The use of any intercooler with methanol powered entries is prohibited. Air, water and ice are the only allowed substances in the intercoolers or the intercooler reservoirs. The use of any other agents is prohibited.
- Nitrous bottles in passenger area must have approved safety vent to outside.
- All entries must be self starting.
- Must have diaper.
- Any type transmission allowed.
- Qualifying will be side by side.
1st and 2nd qualifying runs must be in opposite lanes.
- Must race 1st round to get 1st round loss payout.
Must take tree under own power.
Must take tree and be qualified car to receive first round money.
- Bye runs – all vehicles must take the tree and run down the track.
- Courtesy staging will be in effect.
- After each qualifying and elimination pass, all cars must stop and weigh at the scales.
If you lose eliminations and your opponent fails to make weight you will be reinstated into the eliminations only if you made minimum weight requirements.
If both cars failed to make the minimum weight, both cars will be disqualified.
It’s driver’s responsibility to verify with each scale, the weight of their car prior to each race day.
There will be a 5lb error factor allowed.
- Tech official have final discretion on all rules on race day.
- Ladder – Outlaw ladder will be run. 16-1, 15-2, etc. If not full field, blanks will be loaded for unfilled spots.2 qualifying runs required.1st round of eliminations – Opponent broke competitor must notify official timer (in tower) or race director no later than one hour prior to call for first round of eliminations.
If this is done, an alternate will be placed in the last qualifying position, ladder will be reprinted. If closer than one hour prior to call for first round, opponent broke bye will be run. Must take tree and be qualified car to receive first round money.
- BMP has final say on all rules.
MINIMUM BASE WEIGHTS:
All minimum base weights include the driver.
|Small Block N/A:||Unlimited|
|Big Block N/A:||2,100 lbs|
|Small Block Nitrous:||2,200 lbs.|
|Big Block Nitrous (4.840 Bore):||2,550 lbs.|
|Big Block Nitrous (5.000 Bore):||2,625 lbs.|
|Big Block Nitrous (5.000+ Bore):||2,650 lbs.|
|Small Block Single Turbo:||2,500 lbs.|
|Big Block Single Turbo:||2,750 lbs.|
|Small Block Twin Turbo:||2,750 lbs.|
|Big Block Twin Turbo:||3,200 lbs.|
|Small Block Single Centrifugal Supercharger:||2,500 lbs.|
|Small Block Dual Centrifugal Superchargers:||2,600 lbs.|
|Small Block Screw Supercharger:||2,700 lbs.|
|Big Block Single Centrifugal Supercharger:||2,950 lbs.|
|Big Block Dual Centrifugal Superchargers:||3050 lbs.|
|Big Block Hi-Helix/Roots Supercharger:||2800 lbs.|
|Big Block Screw Supercharger:||3100 lbs.|